For any information concerning the COVID-19 coronavirus, please visit the website of the Ministry of Health.
This topic page includes advice and information about the new coronavirus disease, particular information relating to the zones at risk, the symptoms and the spread of the virus, as well as the measures to be taken in the event of suspected infection.
Please consult the travel advisories of our neighbouring countries :
- Travel with peace of mind Guide by Guichet.lu addressing every Luxembourgish resident travelling abroad (available in FR and DE)
- CNS - d'Gesondheetskeess Holidays outside of the EU, EEA and Switzerland
- Travel Clinic (in French) The "Travel Clinic" provides vaccinations and advice for people traveling to tropical regions.
- European Commission Consular protection for European Union citizens abroad
- europa.eu - your Europe Air passenger rights
- europa.eu - your Europe Package travel
Travel document validity
It is your responsibility when planning a trip to make timely enquiries with the Embassy of your destination country about the required travel documents (passport and/or visa), as well as the necessary validity period of your travel document. Indeed, for many countries outside Europe where a valid passport is required, the passport must be valid for a specified period beyond the planned duration of your trip.
Should you encounter any problems once in the country (passport, identity card theft, etc.) be aware that consular assistance is frequently possible.